Nevada Camera Club was founded in the fall of 1979 for the express purpose of providing Las Vegas area photographers with an opportunity to improve their photographic skills and knowledge and share what they have learned with others who have the same interest. Nevada Camera Club is a nonprofit membership organization providing photography lectures, workshops, seminars, demonstrations, field trips, competitions. contests and exhibitions for digital and film camera users. The organization is structured to meet the needs of all members, regardless of their current photographic skill and experience, through a cooperative atmosphere of inspiration, motivation and continuous learning.
The organization includes the following membership services and activities:
- Monthly photography program meeting.
- Monthly print or electronic image competition meeting.
- Monthly newsletter.
- Specific Interest Groups.
- Field trips and outings.
- Photographic exhibitions.
- Photography workshops, seminars, courses, classes and special instruction.
- Special events and activities.
- Web accessible community forum discussion board.
- Electronic notification of timely and important announcements.
- Annual Photography Competitions open to everyone.
- Awards for merit points earned through photographic accomplishment and club service.
Two general meetings are held each month, except December. The first meeting includes a program on photography. The second meeting is a print or electronic image competition with judges' evaluations of entries.
Nevada Camera Club is a member of the Photographic Society of America (PSA). The club is frequently involved in community cultural and civic functions and has been instrumental in presenting many exhibitions within the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District art galleries. NCC also sponsors exhibitions which are open to members and the general public throughout Las Vegas and Clark County.
Bishop's Cap Cactus 2
Copyright © Rick Holmes